Working with Your Advisor in the Age of Covid-19
Covid-19 has stopped the world in its tracks. Many Canadians are feeling the stress of volatile markets, job insecurity, loss of income, and fear of contracting Covid-19. You may be feeling like you need the advice and support of your advisor now more than ever. The good news is your advisor is here to see you through these tough times; business might just look a little different!
Technology is making it possible for clients to receive the same quality of advice and service they received pre-pandemic. Here are a few options you have for working with your advisor remotely:
- Video meetings using programs such as Zoom or Facetime. You can have the comfort of a face to face meeting in the safety of your own home. Screen sharing capabilities make it possible to share financial planning projections and other important information that may normally be presented in person.
- E-signature and digital document capabilities have made it possible for advisors to open new accounts remotely and make important changes to your investments that may otherwise require a physical signature.
- E-delivery for insurance policies from some carriers.
- Electronic delivery for fund fact and disclosure documents for new investment accounts.
- If you prefer physical copies of any documents, most can be mailed or curbside pickup can be arranged.
- Phone calls and emailing remains an effective use of communication. Many documents can be scanned and emailed to clients for their signature.
There are circumstances that require an advisor to meet with you in person. As restrictions ease throughout the country it may be possible to have a socially distant meeting with your advisor. You may be asked to adhere to the following safety standards:
- Maintain at least six feet between all individuals in the meeting.
- Sanitize your hands and belongings before entering the office.
- You will be asked to wear a mask.
- You may be asked to use your own writing tools if a signature is required.
Unfortunately, Covid-19 doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and everyone is adapting to this new way of life. Rest assured that while we might be doing things a little different, our clients remain our top priority and we are dedicated to providing exemplary service to new and current clients.