These are some of the questions that we should consider
- What are the implications if my parent is unable to make their own decisions?
- Who will be in control of my parents’ finances?
- What are the sources of funding available to ease the financial burden?
- What are the implications for my parents’ estate plans?
- What sort of living arrangements are available if my parent needs in-home assistance or needs to consider out-of-home care?
- How can I evaluate the sort of care that is available?
- Is there tax relief available if my parent is incapacitated?